Manos Del Uruguay | Milo
$49.00 inc GST
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from $8.16 with what's this?
Brand: Manos del Uruguay
Weight / ply: 5 ply / sport
Ball size: 100 g
Metres (yards): 347 m (380 yards)
Fibre: 65% Merino; 35% linen
Gauge: 20.0 to 28.0 sts = 4 inches
Needle size: 3.5 mm to 4 mm
Structure: single spun
Colour type: marled, heathered
Care: hand wash
Manos del Uruguay Milo yarn is 65% Merino Wool/ 35% Linen and has a gentle sheen and a heathered tone. Fibre artists describe it as “beautiful, lustrous and soft” and say it is “a joy to work with.” It has a good weight and drapes beautifully. Because it’s hand–dyed in small batches we strongly recommend you buy all your skeins for a project at once!
Manos del Uruguay is a non-profit designed to empower the female artisans that create its products. It was founded in 1968 as a way to give women in rural villages an opportunity to work. It’s been wildly successful, and is now owned by the artisans that make the yarn.
Manos del Uruguay Milo Pattern Ideas
- It’s a pullover sweater…with pockets! The Granito knitting pattern by Joji Locatelli (of Joji Knits fame) is the relaxed, loungey sweater we all need nowadays.
- The Sunset Primrose cardigan knitting pattern has an eye-catching folksy floral motif at the yoke.
- The free Montevido Pullover Top crochet pattern is available in a wide range of sizes. You can wear it like a poncho or like a fitted dress – pick your look!
- The Milo scarf knitting pattern is a very rugged scarf designed for men but wearable by anyone.
- The Goodfellow top knitting pattern is loaded with lacework. It’s designed to be worn over a camisole in summer – but nothing says you can’t wear it over a wool underlayer in winter!
- The challenging Time Honored Sweater crochet pattern combines lacework and mesh to show off your stitchwork and the gorgeous properties of Milo yarn.
- The free Vanora sweater knitting pattern has lacework throughout and can be worn alone or over a top to make it a year-round garment.
- Tango on a Dutch Beach is a beautiful capelet knitting pattern that can be worn with a very dressy or casual outfit.
If you want something similar but in a sock yarn, try Manos del Uruguay’s Alegria.