We wish everything truly beautiful in life could be free. Unfortunately, rent and cat food are not. To make things easier for you, we have 4 ways you can pay
- Credit/debit card – For both our international and domestic customers, we accept all major credit cards. You can choose either Stripe or PayPal to process your credit card – if you choose PayPal, select the credit/debit option on the first payment gateway screen.
- PayPal account – Available for both international and domestic customers. Just log in and go. PayPal will even convert your currency to New Zealand dollars for you.
- Direct deposit – Available for New Zealand customers only. If you like operating on a cash system, we can email you our bank details. Just select this option during checkout. And make sure you’ve given us your correct email address so we can send through our bank details! If we don’t receive payment within 2 business days, your order will, unfortunately, be cancelled.
- Laybuy – Receive your order now, pay over 6 weeks interest free! Selecting Laybuy will re-direct you to a secure checkout facility. You need to have an account with www.laybuy.com/nz/ to use this option.
Cancelling your order
We understand that life happens sometimes. If we haven’t shipped your order, we’ll be happy to provide a full refund. Just get in touch as soon as possible because we don’t shilly-shally about dispatching orders!
Within New Zealand
If you live in New Zealand, shipping is quick and easy. We courier all orders and always use a tracking number so you can be sure where your package is at. we default to no signature required, but if you want to change that, let us know and we can set it to require a signature on delivery.
- Standard domestic shipping on orders up to $20 is $6.50.
- Orders over $20 are $9.
- If you spend over $199, the shipping is on us.
We have tried very hard not to add a rural surcharge and we love looking after our rural customers by absorbing the rural surcharges we face. However as rural surcharges go up, we realised we can no longer absorb these on small orders, so have introduced a $5 rural surcharge for orders under $50. Over $50 you will be charged the same as urban.
- Standard domestic shipping on orders up to $20 is $11.50.
- Orders over $20 and under $50 are $14.
- Orders over $50 are $9
- If you spend over $199, the shipping is on us.
METHOD AND TIMEFRAME
- We use a mix of NZ Couriers and Post Haste couriers for street addresses and NZ Parcel Post for PO Boxes. Our default courier setting is authority-to-leave; which means no signature is required. If you want a signature-required courier, please let us know in the comments box.
- Delivery can take anywhere from 2 to 6 days, with most of our orders taking under 2 days. If after a week your order hasn’t arrived, please let us know so we can find out what happened and get it sorted for you.
We aim to get our parcels out as quickly as possible! However the yarn vault and all its squishy contents are rurally located which means we don’t get courier pick-ups and instead we drive into the nearest town every day to drop off parcels. Depending on what else we have to do in town, the time of day this happens can vary. We endeavour to ensure every parcel is dropped off no later than the first business day following your order, but sometimes if it is a late afternoon drop off it doesn’t get picked up by the driver until the following morning.
You will get an email from us when we pack your order, and one from the courier company with a tracking number once they pick up the parcel.
If you live overseas, never fear – we ship almost everywhere. Our international shipping rates are: $25 for Australia, $45 for rest of world.
Our standard online postage option is NZ Post, untracked, although if there is a tracked option available to us that is covered by our charge to you, we will use that. If you would like a quote to upgrade to tracked postage or FedEx, please add this as a note in your checkout and we will be in touch to discuss options with you before we send our your parcel!
Note that international shipping does not include or cover any duty or charges incurred in the destination country.
If your order hasn’t arrived within 21 days, let us know pronto so we can chase it down. If you haven’t lodged a request within 21 days, we may exceed the carrier’s terms or ability to assist. We will refund or replace your purchase in line with the carrier’s policy.
If your order includes pre-order items, your entire order will ship when all pre-order items are ready. If you want in-stock items to ship earlier, please place two separate orders.
Returns & Exchanges
We want you to be happy with your purchase. Please get in touch if you have any concerns or questions about your product after it arrives so we can work with you to set it right.
While we’ve done our best to accurately represent our yarn, some variation in colour can happen. For change of mind on yarn, we offer exchanges or credit notes.
- If you want to exchange your yarn, let us know within 30 days of dispatch. Talk to us about this before you return your item(s) so we can make sure we put aside the replacement stock you want.
- We do not offer exchanges for change of mind on clearance yarn, patterns, books, yarn samples, knitting needles, crochet hooks, or any other tools or accessories.
- All shipping is at your expense.
If your goods are faulty, we will apologise profusely and meet all our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
- Let us know within 7 days of receipt if one of your items is faulty, flawed or been damaged in transit. You’ll need to return the faulty goods to us.
- We will always try to replace any faulty or damaged goods. If we can’t, we will either offer you a refund or a replacement item of similar design and value.
- All shipping for faulty item returns and replacements will be at our cost.