Papillon (Butterfly) Shawl | Kit
$113.00 inc GST
or 6 weekly interest-free payments from $18.83 with what's this?
The Papillon Shawl has become legendary – and now we have it in a kit. This is the shawl kit you have all been waiting for! Choose your colours and get the pattern and create this magical wrap that uses simple techniques and clever yarn to achieve brilliance.
It’s not hard to see why the Papillon Shawl is one of the most talked-about projects out there. It is a pattern that produces truly remarkable results. And it’s addictive, because once you’ve made your first you’ll want to make even more! And this kit has everything you need to make a perfect shawl.
The key to the remarkable colour transitions in the Papillon Shawl is the yarn. Because Urth Yarns Uneek Fingering changes colour, you’ll see the shawl shades shift as you knit it together. These yarns are hand-dyed by women in Turkey. And for each skein you buy, Urth Yarns plants a tree.
At first glance, the pattern may seem complicated – but don’t worry! Most people find that if they dive in, the next steps in the pattern become clear to them.
- Already have the pattern? Both Uneek and Harvest are listed separately so you can add them to your cart without the pattern.
- Are we out of stock of the colour you want? Send us an email – we are always topping up and will let you know how far away your choice is!
Adventurous beginner – you will need to pay attention but the skills are beginner accessible. A
Fibre art type
One size fits most
- 2 skeins of Urth Yarns Uneek Fingering in your colour choice
- 1 skein of Urth Yarns Harvest Fingering in your colour choice
- 1 A4 printed pattern
You will also need
- 3.5 mm circular needles on a 100 cm cable (or size as needed to get gauge)
- We have these in a wide range of interchangeable choices across two brands!
- For Hiyahiya, you will need a cable and your choice of tip, available here:
- For Knitpro, you will need a cable and your choice of tip, available here:
- Stitch markers (approximately 50)
In order to help you conquer this pattern, we have the following resources available!
- A pattern walkthrough with tips and trips for understanding how the pattern is written
- Examples of over 140 colour combinations you can choose – and if you are still unsure, please send us an email and we’ll be happy to help you choose!
- Ideas for how to add variations to the shawl to truly make it your own
From October 2021 to December 2021, we are running a knitalong – with prizes! Check it out here for more information.