So you have knitted a beautiful scarf or shawl (maybe the Papillon Shawl?), in squishy garter or delicate lace, and the darn thing won’t stay on your shoulders just they way you want! These Hiyahiya shawl pins are the solution.
Simple to use, with an easy catch that won’t pull your work, they are pretty, lightweight, and just the right thing to set off your shawl. Available in a range of designs and colours, there is something for everyone here! Each one is inspired by nature and has a unique eye-catching motif.
- The Tree Branch is delicate and realistic, with detailed renditions of bark and the calluses left from severed branches.
- The round and adorable Bird perches on a realistically designed metal branch.
- The Fern has enameled green leaves. (If you are in New Zealand you are familiar with ferns, so you may find this less fern-y and more tree-branch-y.)
- The finely detailed Feather looks like the long, wide, fluffy feather you might find on a quill pen.
- The Gingko Leaf replicates the leaf of the tree known as a “living fossil.”
Hiyahiya shawl pins are around nine centimeters long. Widths at the widest point are as follows:
- Tree Branch – 88m
- Bird – 8mm
- Fern – 60mm
- Feather – 90mm
- Gingko Leaf – 81mm